Friday, September 9, 2016

One Year!!!

      We have survived one year in Germany!!! This is a big deal for me. I looked at plane tickets multiple times to fly home.  Bret adapts easy to new places and has lived in Germany and speaks the language. He has transitioned easy. The kids have been amazing and adapted pretty well. Lynndon is the only one that has mentioned New Mexico and her friends there but other than just talking about it she has been fine and has made plenty of friends here.  I, on the other hand, have felt like I have been drowning. It has been a really hard year for me. I have been a little better at figuring things out here and feeling a little more comfortable. Our neighbors are so nice and the parents from Lynndon and Coopers schools also. Which I am so grateful for. It is just hard when you try to have a conversation and you are both struggling to get your point across. A lot of the people we have met speak some English but have to keep it really simple English. Same for my German I catch pieces here and there and sometimes get the idea of what they are talking about.  It's tough. I hold on to the thoughts of it's only temporary, I will grow so much with these experiences and already have, my kids get to learn a different culture and language, seeing them excel in Germany helps me so much. Getting to visit all these other beautiful countries is something I never thought I would do. Each trip is kind of stressful but then its so cool to get to see these historical, beautiful places! Heres to two more years!

      Most of these pics are from a little Father/child camp out our neighbors had the weekend before our year mark.


This was my sight from the window.
Kids were excited about it.


They lit these candles and went for a walk around the neighborhood. 

Since we had Mcdonalds on our first day in Germany we decided we should eat German food for our year mark. The noodle thing is called Maultaschen. It is filled with meat and pretty good. We also had German potato salad (which is better than American), pretzel and salad. 
We went for a walk in the pouring rain. Happy one year to us!
One of my new favorite pictures.



No comments: