Mornings...I dislike them. One morning in particular. We were doing our crazy morning routine and got to school a tad late. We were at the bike racks and i look over and the kindergarteners were all lined up walking into the school. I tell Cooper to hurry up and run to the line to walk in with them. Well he has to run across the lawn. He gets half way and then runs back to me crying and says that his class is already in there. His class is the first of 4 kindergarten classes in the big line. So they were in the building but the other classes in the big line were not yet. Sadly it was not the first time we have done this. A teacher has just helped him jump in line but he was not wanting to run to the line.
Back tracking a little here. I have been having some bad luck with double strollers. Most the time I use my single stroller because it's just easier...kinda. I lay the seat back and buckle McCoy in around the waist and then Lynndon just sits behind him. As we were running late that morning I didn't have time to pump up the tires on the double jogging stroller (it pulls to one side when the tires are pumped up anyways). I had them get in the single stroller.
So I, in a little frustrated tone, say to Cooper "come on" and we start running across the lawn...in a single none jogging stroller. I get to the cement sidewalk that is about half way in the lawn and the stroller hits the edge of the sidewalk and stops!!! Mind you I was running! So I hit the sidewalk and the stroller tips forward and falls and I fall on top of it! Yes McCoy and Lynndon are in that stroller. I get up and pull the stroller up as fast as I can and get both kids out of it. Luckily not too many people were around but a couple other moms got to witness this beautiful sight. They came over and one took Cooper and helped him to the line (he barely made it) and the other made sure we were ok. I got most of the damage, my shins all scraped and bruised all over. I was glad the kids weren't too bad physically. Mentally it scared them pretty bad. McCoy did have a little red mark on is forehead above his eye but that was gone later that day. I felt so dumb. When I got home Bret had not left for work yet. I just cried to him for a bit and he just had a smirk and asked if someone recorded it. I'm sure it was funny to someone else.

2 comments:
Lynndy always wearing her attitude! She cracks me up :)
Oh no!! I'm so sorry! But don't you wonder if some other lady there told someone about it later that day? And laughed at you behind your back? I ALWAYS wonder that because I have fallen so many times. I love that you documented this. You should have taken pictures of your wounds. I'm just glad the baby's ok! (Ok, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who falls.)
Post a Comment