Monday, October 27, 2014

Hair...

      So I did some hair while we were living in Madison. Almost every time I would get so frustrated with it for multiple reasons. 
One- I would have a hard time doing what they wanted. I would understand what they wanted just my fingers didn't do it. It also took me a long time to do some cuts. 
Two- I would go to peoples house to do their hair and have to bring my kids and it stressed me out because not all the houses were baby proof so I would have to stop cutting to pull them away from something and it would take even longer to cut. 
Three- I would find myself avoiding people at church because I knew that they were only coming to talk to me because they wanted their hair done and not just a hey hows it going. 
      When we moved here to NM I kinda told myself that I would not tell people that I do hair or that if it came up I would tell them I don't do it anymore. Well i have a hard time saying no. As I got to be friends with people they would ask if I would do it. I thought, well its one of my friends I'll just do theirs...ya so that turned into me now doing a lot of people in the ward and even some people outside of church. Believe it or not I actually don't mind it! This is the most I have done hair in a long time and I actually make a tiny bit of money, not a lot but some. I don't know if I have just had more practice now so i'm a little better or what has changed to make it not so bad. I did however make a change, people come to me, I do not go to them, I do have some exceptions that I do go to others to cut however. I think my better mood helps also. I love living here, the weather, the people...it's great. Don't get me wrong I still have my moments of frustrations but not as bad.
      There was one week at the beginning of summer where I did 3 haircuts that were a good amount cut off. I only remembered to take a pic of one of them though...

         
       
           




      Aaand moving on to my own hair...I have a natural curl/wave to my hair that I have to work to make it look nice curly and work to make it straight. I usually do it straight. However I get a lot of people that tell me how nice it must be to have straight hair and then they are shocked and don't believe me when I tell them my hair has curl in it. People always ask where Lynndon got her curly hair from. I told one of my friends that I would take a picture of my hair for her. These pictures I took a while ago, I was pregnant with McCoy. So I now have the nerve to post them on my blog...it is not a pretty sight. So this is what my hair looks like when I wash it and then go to bed with it wet.




Lynndon in the morning after washing her hair and going to bed with it wet...she is a lot cuter than me though and can get away with it more. 



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE your curly hair! I think it's totally cute in those pictures (especially from the back). And yes, Lynndon is totally cute. I love her curls.