The weekend after his birthday, Cooper had his "kids birthday" as they call it in German. So he invited a few friends of his over to play and have cake. Half were German and the other American. They all got along really well and had a great time. I was glad Bret was there to help with any German translation that i may have needed. However Cooper does pretty good also and would translate for his friends and I. I do feel proud of myself when I can understand a little of what they are saying every once in a while.
 |
| Trying to decide if we sing in English or German. I think we did it in English. Marcel on the right there (blurry) is very animated. |
 |
| Caleb (his hands anyway), Cooper, Marcel, Tim-Noah, Jack, Clair, Lynndon |
 |
| Cooper learned this game for b-day parties by going to other German kids parties. Maybe they do this in America also and I just hadn't heard about it. Its a more appropriate version of spin the bottle. Cooper spins the bottle and whoever it lands on is whose present he opens up. Then that person gets to spin it next to decide what gift Cooper should open next. It continues that way. If you have already opened that persons present that the bottle landed on they still just take turns spinning the bottle until it has landed on everybody. |
 |
| Obstacle course. Riding the little car backwards at this point. |
 |
| Chipping at a "dino egg" to get to the dinosaur in the middle. |
No comments:
Post a Comment