Friday, January 8, 2016

Zurich, Switzerland

      Our next stop was Zurich. We spent two nights there. Pascal Hofmann, who served in the same mission as Bret, lives there. We met up with he and his wife and had some fondue. The next day we explored Zurich some.  We went swimming that night with the Hofmans and had some more yummy food at a little pizzeria.  It was fun to hang out and get to know the Hofmanns. Zurich was beautiful but sooo busy! It got a little crazy traveling going from a bus to a train to a different train with 3 kids around the city but we made! 












We saw a bus pass that had an ad for this place with a pic of its macaroons. Bret insisted that we find. We did! Proof that advertising works. This place had so many treats but was very elegant...and expensive. 

Just some of the macaroons. 
The assortment we bought. 


Coopers was excited to find a store with the same name as his friend. 


This is where we sat and ate our lunch. 


A random park on the top of some buildings. 

Pascal introduced Bret to this Swiss drink, he really likes it. We made sure to buy a few before we came home. We found one that is peach flavored that I really liked.  

Poor Lynndon wasn't feeling so well that night after swimming. 
Cooper trying to make a decision on what kind of chocolate for his hot chocolate. It's a tough decision. 



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Eek!! Zurich! I'm so glad you got to see it!! It looks so beautiful! Dave and I never made it to Zurich, just Bern (which I hope you get to see too!). I am LOVING these pictures! I kinda want to cry, I just love Switzerland so much. Keep posting! I'm dying over here in boring Utah. xoxo