Monday, June 29, 2015

Moving!!!

      We are moving because that's how things work in the military. However we are moving to Germany!!! Holy cow I can not believe we will be living in Europe for 3 years. Im so scared and excited! It takes awhile to ship your stuff over there so we shipped our car about 2 weeks ago and moved out of our house and shipped that stuff about a week ago. We are now just hanging out at the temporary lodging. We have about one more week here. We have been here for three years. The time has gone by soooo fast. Alamogordo is little and Holloman is even smaller but we have loved it here! We love the dry heat, the mountains, the small town but most of all we LOVE the people we have met here. 
      This is the first time we have had a company move us. The military pays for it and you don't have to pack any boxes. Sounds nice, right? Maybe it was but it kind of drove me crazy. I had to wait 4 hours one day for them to come start packing. I could have been packing for those hours. I had to be there while they were packing and it was really boring just standing there for hours watching them pack. However I'm sure they did a lot better job with packing things and making sure they were protected that I would have. They forgot a lot of things though. A couple cupboards and drawers were not packed. They would pack some stuff in the drawers but then leave just random things. As they were finishing up I had to keep asking them to pack these random things. I think we just got bad luck with our movers because talking to my friends about it they said it is not normally like that. Any who it was an experience and now we are done with it.    

This is how we got around after we shipped our car. I'd push McCoy in the stroller while roller blading and Cooper and Lynndon on their bikes. It's a good thing the base is small.


Just helping himself to some pizza while I was cleaning the back bedrooms.

Moving boxes make great forts. 

The kids thought this was the best thing in the world. Sleeping in an empty room on sleeping bags!

How we kept the kids entertained and out of the way during packing and cleaning. We did have friends come get them to play most of the days so they were not in front of the computer to much.


Leaving our house for the last time :(

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Eeek!!!! Exciting!!! You're living my dream!!! I hope you'll continue to blog over there! I can't wait to read about your life in Germany! Best of luck getting settled over there!!!

Renee said...

I love all of these pictures. I'm sad you're no longer going to be a 13 hour drive away :(. 13 hour plane won't be so bad though right?