We have all survived this first week of 4 of Bret being gone. He is in Kentucky\Tennessee training with a vet on post there. It has been a busy week of playing with friends, babysitting some kids, going to the library, mall, V.T. and just hanging out at home. I had a couple minor break downs but it hasn't been to bad. There are so many nights that Bret is not here for dinner or to put the kids to bed anyways so it doesn't feel to different until it is time for me to go to bed and then it is really hard. I don't love sleeping by myself, some nights Cooper has slept in my bed. This month of Bret being gone is like a trial run for when he is gone for 3 months for his basic training in July. It has only been a week...3 more weeks is going to be a long time let alone when we have to do it for 3 months...yay for family though that lives near by and my mom. We are heading up to Bret parents tomorrow for about a week and then my mom is going to come hang out with us for awhile. These first few pictures that I took are ones that I gave to Bret for Valentines\going away gift. We did our Valentines the friday before since he was not here on that day.


 |
| I liked both Loves :) |
 |
| Playing at the Library. |
 |
| I watched my friend Amanda's little boys Silas and Gideon while she went to an appointment. I think Coop and Silas might start a band :) |
 |
| Ginnie and Charlotte came down and hung out with us one morning. (Charlotte and Cooper had fun jumping on the chairs, I had fun talking to an adult) |
 |
| Cooper, Lynndon, Gretyl, playing outside. |
 |
| Today I watched my friend Ester's little girl Gretyl so she and her husband could go to the temple. (they watched Cooper and Lynndon for us so Bret and I could go on a date before he left, yay for babysitting swaps) |
1 comment:
i totally understand. when sam was gone for the entire summer working in green bay, it was pretty hard on the kids. but, planning lots of fun activities and play dates helped so much. there's always basement get togethers. ;)
i never knew what to do with all the extra evening time though. it's hard doing bedtime by yourself. there would be these crazy thunderstorms when sam was gone and it scared me to death and i could barely sleep when he was gone. but, it's great that you have family coming in, that will help a ton. good luck, and if you need to get together, just let us know. :)
Post a Comment