Monday, June 18, 2012

On our way...

We kind of started off our driving to New Mexico by backtracking some and going to Appleton and Green bay for a few days to spend some time with Bret's family before we left. It was really good and we are going to miss being only 2 hours away from them.

Playing at Ky and Kade's t-ball game.

The t-ballers them self. It was so fun to go watch these guys. I am glad we were there for a game! side note: Cooper was wearing his Brewers shirt that day and we didn't even know that was Kade and Ky's team. So they all matched for the game :)

So this WAS a cute moment that I wanted to capture but as soon as Lynndon saw me she just started to cry. It was kind of funny and I took a picture any ways. I had been away for a couple days so she was a little clingy. 
I had to take a picture driving in Wisconsin because i knew it was going to be different when we got to New Mexico.

Our first days drive was to Pella Iowa where Bret's g-parents live.  It was a great stopping point for us on our long drive. We got to see his grandparents and also visit with some great aunts of Brets and his Aunt and uncle, that were going to be at his graduation but were sick. We also got to see Bret's cousin Lena and her family. Bret and Lena had figured that it had been 10 years since they had seen each other! It was really fun to meet them and chat!
The second day of driving we drove about 11 hours to Oklahoma and the kids were the best that day.
After staying in OK I now know why in the song from the play "Oklahoma" they say "Oklahoma, where the winds come sweeping down the plains" it was sooo windy.
Our third day was about 7 hours I think and we made it here! The kids weren't so happy that day...


Lynndon and Lena's youngest, Dane (sp?)

These 3 had a blast with each other all night. Cooper, Danika, and Deagon (sp? im sure I'm butchering the spelling on their names, sorry) Lena's other 2.

The 2 ladies by Lynndon are her great great aunts, Chick and Darlene. I think they had just as much fun with Lynndon as she did with them. We were so glad that they were able to join us for dinner that night so that we could see them also.

Uncle Craig, Aunt Nora, and Bret.

Bret, Lena, and Uncle Craig 


 We made it to New Mexico!!! This was our last day of driving. We still had aways to go but we were in New Mexico none the less. 

Driving in New Mexico...a little different than Wisconsin. I love the mountains and blue sky's though! I feel a little less claustrophobic here.


2 comments:

Mindy said...

Glad you made it safely. You will be missed!

Smart Family said...

Good luck with your new adventures. All of your graduation pictures sure bring back a lot of memories!