In May Bret had a week in between his 3rd and 4th year. We took that time to travel to Iowa to visit his grandparents in Pella. On our way there we stopped in Clinton to stay the night with one of Brets family friends, the Nears. They are one of the best families! We had so much fun in the short time that we were there. We were just part of the family I loved it! While we were in Pella the kids and I hung out with Brets grandma while Bret and his grandpa went turkey hunting (they didn't get one though :( ). It was so fun to sit and talk to Brets grandma and hear stories of her life and Bret's grandpa's. We also got to go play at park near by, barbecue at a camp site, see auntie chic, aunt Darlene and uncle Wayne (Brets mom's aunt's and Uncle). Uncle Wayne passed away about a month or so after we got back so i was glad we got to see him. One evening we went to Beth and Jims (Brets aunt and Uncle) and had a get together with some of his other aunts, uncles, and cousins. That night we stayed at Bret's cousin Lynelle and her husband Justin's, place. Cooper had a bawl playing with their kids Gavin and Venessa. In all our driving around Iowa we also stopped and saw Bret's uncle Von and aunt chris, and stopped to see his uncle Ted and his cousin Lana. It was a lot of driving and seeing people but it was great and so fun to so everyone! Brets family is pretty awesome! I didn't take a whole lot of pictures but here are the ones I did take. Apparently I didn't take any pictures while we were in Pella at his grandparents. I was bummed as I was looking at my pictures and I didn't have any.
 |
| Cooper and Lynndon hangin out at the Nears |
 |
| The Nears - their 2 oldest + Cooper and Lynndon, love this family:) |
 |
| Bret and his Cousin (see any family resemblance?) |
 |
| Gavin, Venessa, & Cooper. |
 |
| We also went to a science center. This is Bret making a thing to protect the egg so it doesn't brake. |
 |
| We had fun playing with this for a while. It is just little peg like things that push through. This is Bret's face and hands. |
No comments:
Post a Comment