Poor little Piper girl got pretty sick in the middle of January. She had a day or so with a fever but it got fairly high one night and she was struggling to breath some and wasn't nursing so well so I took her into the ER. Her oxygen was pretty low, they even got different machines to check her oxygen because it was so low but she wasn't acting as if it was that low but every machine showed the same number. So they put her on oxygen and put an IV in for fluids. It was so heart breaking seeing her so miserable and having to hold her still while they put the IV in. They tested her for RSV and the flu (even though she had received the flu shot) both came back negative. Im pretty sure they took chest X-rays also and there was nothing. Im writing about this 2 years later so my memory on details are not the greatest. They were not sure want was wrong exactly and her oxygen being so low, they admitted her to the hospital. We spent 2 days there while she received breathing treatments, deep suctioning, oxygen, and antibiotics for ear infections. One doctor in the ER checked and said she didn't have an ear infection but the next day another doc checked and she said she did have an infection. This whole story is almost the exact same thing that happened to McCoy when he was about 18 months old. Piper was about 9 months old. They both got better after a couple days in the hospital with a little extra care and then they were good go. Im so grateful for modern medicine and glad she was ok.
 |
Doc McCoy checking her temp.
|
 |
| Chilling with dad in the tub trying to feel better. |
 |
| This was a moment I thought maybe she was feeling better but you can kind of see the milk in the bottle still that I tried to get her to drink. I felt like I could get her to drink a little more if I pumped and put it in a bottle. However this evening is when I took her in. |
 |
| Just after getting the IV. |
 |
| She perked up a bit. |
 |
| We hung out like this for most of the first day in the hospital. |
 |
| Sweet sleeping baby. |
 |
| A Couple days later and we were back home and she was golden. |
No comments:
Post a Comment